Family Verses

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity."
-Jeremiah 29:11-14

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Yeah for Joy!

Just wanted to share a story about my husband this morning... I don't think he'll mind! For those of you who don't know, Jason has a problem with needles. During his entire life whenever he has to get blood drawn, tried to give blood, get shots, etc..., Jason passes out, wakes up, and has to throw up. Poor guy! His body just doesn't respond very well! Even back when Caleb was 2 months old and had to get his 1st shots, it affected Jason so much to just watch Caleb that he almost passed out, but definitely threw up! Now Jason doesn't even stay in the building if Caleb has to get a shot. :) This is to give you a little background up to this point.

So... yesterday Jason had to have his blood drawn for life insurance purposes. The nurse, whose name was Joy, came to our house and Jason of course told her his history. We were prepared for everything! Jason was going to lie down on the sofa and we had the trash bucket in place. :) Joy told Jason to drink a glass of juice right before she took his blood to see if that would help his sugar level from dropping so much which she figured was the reason he fainted. Jason drank his juice, Joy talked to him while taking 2 vials of blood, and then it was done! We waited.... and nothing happened!!!! Jason felt a little woozy, but felt completely fine. For the first time in his life, he gave his blood with no problems! So that is why we love Joy!

4 comments:

Party of Five said...

I did not know that about Jason! Glad that he got through it this time! Hope things are good with you. How are you feeling?

The Redouteys said...

Isn't that crazy? I'm feeling great, Lily! Gotten over the beginning "weirdness" and just more tired overall. Thanks! Hope your family is doing well with the new baby.

Growing Older....in my later days! said...

Did you know Steve faints too? I took Steve into the doctors when in High School to get his Hepatis B shot with Kari. Once the shots were completed as we were walking out of the building, Steve slides down the wall to the floor. He seems to have this inclination too. Aunt Carol

The Redouteys said...

I didn't know that happened to Steve! Next time we get to see them Jason will have something to bond with him about. :)