Family Verses

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity."
-Jeremiah 29:11-14

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Caleb - Mommy's Helper

I've been meaning to share this story on the blog for everyone. This story took place approximately 1 month ago now, but it's hilarious and I don't want to forget it!

I have been trying to train Caleb to help me a little more and this particular day I needed to change Abby's diaper. Well, I didn't have a diaper next to me, so I asked Caleb "Do you know where the diapers are, Caleb? Can you go get one for mommy please?" He kind of gave me a blank look, but then he took off towards his room. Sure enough! He came back with a diaper for me! Yeah!!!! What a good helper!

Later on in the day, I had to change Abby's diaper again. I had a diaper already, but she was a little red and needed some ointment. I thought Caleb did so well getting a diaper.... maybe he can get me the buttpaste (and yes... it is called buttpaste!). So, here I go again and I ask Caleb, "Do you know where the buttpaste is, Caleb? Right above the diapers! Can you get the buttpaste for mommy please?" Again... he gives me a blank look, but heads toward his room. As he enters his room I hear him saying, "Find. Buttpaste. Find. Buttpaste." Caleb returns with not the buttpaste, but hydrocortisone cream. I praise him for bringing something back, but I say, "Thank you so much, Caleb! That's not the buttpaste I was looking for though! It's a bigger tube above where you got that." Again... a blank stare and then takes off! This time I hear him saying, "Find. Bigger. Buttpaste. Find. Bigger. Buttpaste." I died laughing!!!! This time he came back with the Bigger Buttpaste!

What a good helper Caleb is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is worth a thousand words!! So adorable! You will remember this forever. He really is quite a helper. He will help even more as the months go by. You are so good in praising him for his efforts. He will want to help even more. Love ya, Grandma Rus