Family Verses

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity."
-Jeremiah 29:11-14

Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Music Man

Shooting Hoops!
"Getting down" to Beach Boys
Starting to move a little

"I'm not going to touch, mama! Just listen!"



I know these may not be the best pictures ever, but today I was just thinking about how much Caleb loves music! I kind of thought he might like music with having a pianist for a mom and a dad who can put anything to song! I mentioned earlier that Caleb loves the stereo! So, today I popped in a little Beach Boys and sure enough... he crawled right over and started bopping along. "Barbara Ann" is his favorite!

What fascinates me is the kind of music he likes though. For those of you who don't know this about him, I hope you find it interesting too. We travel a lot since my family is in Illinois, so sometimes we have had to try various things to keep him entertained or to help him go to sleep. One trip he just wouldn't stop crying and go to sleep even though it was way past his naptime, so Jason decides to pop in his opera cd. Immediately, Caleb went quiet and didn't make another peep thanks to "O Mio Babbino Caro." It now works like a charm consistently!

Most recently, since we purchased our new to us minivan, we have found out Caleb loves Ladysmith Black Mambazo! This is a famous acapella African group that Jason introduced me to when we started dating. Turn on a little Ladysmith and Caleb is soothed, entertained, or put to sleep!

I appreciate our son's eclectic taste! He makes life interesting!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber,

I am SO glad to hear Caleb likes music! One of my worries is that our daughter won't like music. It's so important to Steve and I that I would hate to not be able to share that with her!

Nicole

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of you, Amber! You were not much older than Caleb when I heard you singing "Morrow, Morrow, love you....morrow" in your car seat. We had recently seen the movie, Annie, and you were singing the song in your version in perfect pitch!
Caleb will be a great dancer, too---because I saw him getting down to the Beach Boys!
Grandma Mary

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! No wonder we call him "Our Cutie"!!!! We love you all and can't wait until you are taking pictures of 2 little ones.

Anonymous said...

Amber,
I love reading your blog...Caleb is so cute. I wish you lived closer since Caleb and Nolan are only 2 months apart. They would have fun together. Isn't it kinda funny....I grew up in Michigan and ended up in Illinois and you grew up in Illinois and ended up in Michgan!!!

Lauren Sanderson

The Redouteys said...

I agree Lauren! I wish many times we lived closer too. It's funny how things in life work out sometimes. :) I loved Avery and Nolan's Christmas picture. It was very cute!