Family Verses

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity."
-Jeremiah 29:11-14

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

7 Weeks Old





Caleb continues to be a lot of fun to be with! He is smiling all the time now, and that makes us so happy! Someone told me they thought that God has babies start smiling around 6 weeks because otherwise the parents might pull their hair out. It really does make my entire day to see his face light up! Caleb is starting to be more social... making more sounds like he's trying to talk back. We are just waiting for him to laugh. He is also starting to hold onto things... like a couple rattles he has. In the pictures in the slideshow, you will see some of his "friends" he enjoys: butterfly and his bears on the bouncer.

Enough about Caleb for a second! I want to brag about my husband just a little bit! We had our friends Kip and Sarah over for dinner Saturday night to see Caleb and to have some adult company for a chance. It was so wonderful! Anyways, Jason said he would take care of dinner since I had my hands full with Caleb. He made the most delicious meal in the world! As Kip said, "It could have come straight from Olive Garden!" Jason made cheesy garlic bread and a shrimp alfredo dish over angel hair pasta and all I did was make a salad. I knew my husband could cook, but Saturday he definitely outdid himself. We'll see if he can recreate it again someday.

6 comments:

Terra said...

I watched your video with my mom and dad (they are here right now) and we were all laughing. It is so fun to hear your voice and see his response. Loved your blog about your hubby cooking dinner. Nathan sometimes does little things or big things that remind me how right we are for each other. We will celebrate our 7 year anniversary in June. Hard to believe. I'll be blogging again after my parents leave. So check back.

The Redouteys said...

I'm glad all of you got to watch it! Thank you so much Dean and Susan for the gifts. We received them recently in the mail. It was very thoughtful... hopefully Caleb won't get too spoiled. :)

Anonymous said...

His smile is the cutest thing! Love you!

Karen Hossink said...

Yea for Jason! I'm impressed. *grin*
As for God making babies smile at six weeks so parents don't pull their hair out...Yep. I think that's right. I have often thought He makes little kids so cute so they have a survival mechanism!
Caleb is precious, Amber. Keep on lovin' him!

Anonymous said...

dear Mrs.Amber,

I miss you alot and i hope you will be at my recidol this febraury.I am so sorry that i missed the other recidol. My cell phone number is 282-4249 my home number is 272-1620. I love the baby pictures of Caleb he is so cute!!! Well i have to go to my lesson i will see you soon.

your dearest piano student,
Makenna Krieger

The Redouteys said...

Thanks for the note Makenna! I was so sad I didn't get to see you too at the last recital. I will try to find out when your next recital is. I miss you a lot! I can't wait for you to meet Caleb.