Family Verses

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity."
-Jeremiah 29:11-14

Monday, February 4, 2008

Joy in Every Circumstance


Finding joy in every circumstance!!!

As most people know and can relate, babies can change moods almost instantly. Take these pictures for instance... literally taken moments apart. I just thought Caleb looked so cute in his bear outfit, but he didn't want to comply for very long.

I have been meeting with my friend and mentor Karen for about a year now. When we were waiting for the arrival of Caleb, she would pray for me that I would find the joy in every circumstance. Little did I know how that specific prayer would help me so much in the days and I'm sure years to come. There are moments that are so frustrating and I remember her prayer and I just say, "Lord, give me joy!" God is good and does! Now there are plenty of times where I forget or just choose to hand him over to dad! I feel as if I have been much more at peace and a calm mother because of these few words... give me joy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amber--There isn't a mother that hasn't experienced just what you described. The rewards are so GREAT, compared to the few times that test our patience. Always, look for the positive in each situation. Think---"This too will pass". I got the hives one time when Carol was about 6 weeks old and was screaming to the top of her voice. I didn't know what was wrong. This too did pass, but not until I got a good case of hives. Ha! We will pray for wisdom as you face each situation. Love ya, Grandma Rus.