Family Verses

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity."
-Jeremiah 29:11-14

Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's a Boy!

This summer I went to Maine with my family for a vacation. My wonderful husband stayed home to work, so he unfortunately could not join us. We had a great time camping (yes... in real tents!) at Acadia National Park. One of the most memorable (not necessarily a favorite) parts of the trip was getting the opportunity to use the "hot" showers accessible for those of us who chose to camp at Blackwoods campground. This campground did not have showers in the bathrooms, but $1.25 could get you 4 minutes of "hot" water if you were willing to wait in line at the showers right outside the campground entrance. We would literally schedule our activities to try to beat the rush to the showers some days, and even then we weren't guaranteed hot water for 4 minutes. I realized how quickly 4 minutes goes by too! Just try it next time you take a shower. :)

Anyways, Jason and I were scheduled to have our 1st ultrasound the day after I returned from Maine. All along we both did not have an inkling about whether this baby was going to be a boy or girl. All I knew was that I was definitely more comfortable with the idea of having a girl! So, the last night in Maine I had a dream. In my dream I had a baby boy and was changing him and taking care of him. When I woke up, I felt such joy and peace that I just knew we were going to have a boy! I shared this only with Jason when I got home. When we went to the ultrasound it was confirmed we were going to have a boy! I was very thankful to God that He had given me that dream, so I wouldn't be upset it wasn't a girl. I know God's plans are far better than my own, but I tend to create expectations sometimes. If they aren't met, it is difficult to not feel disappointed. I'm so thankful that life is a journey, and I am constantly changing and growing as a person. It's so exciting to think about what Baby Redoutey will look like! I do know he will have a wonderful father and grandfathers to look up to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber & Jason:

Awesome story...it will be great to tell him when he is older. He is very lucky to have such wonderful people to love him and teach him about God and life.

Rebecca Cox

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. God is amazing. He prepares and paves the way in ways we can't understand. Amazing. Love you guys!

Karen Hossink said...

"I know God's plans are far better than my own, but I tend to create expectations sometimes."
I know what you mean, sister! Our expectations can cause us problems sometimes...That's when we need to get back to the Truth!
Love you!
Karen