Family Verses

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity."
-Jeremiah 29:11-14

Sunday, November 11, 2007

We're Pregnant!

April 14, 2007 - Jason and I had decided to audition for The Amazing Race in January. It's one of our favorite shows, and we thought it would be so much fun! They were hosting auditions in Lansing, so we decided to go for it. We decided if we didn't get on the show we would start trying to expand our family. Well, needless to say, come March we figured we hadn't made the show, but we were okay with it! We got to start trying to have a baby. A month later... I wasn't feeling quite my normal self. :) April 14th, I had played for a trombone recital earlier that evening and we decided to see if I was pregnant that night. I guess we knew how the test was going to turn out, but we were still so nervous and excited! Seeing the positive sign on the test was crazy! Jason felt ecstatic and intimidated... he's been waiting his whole life for this but are we ready?! I felt the same way, but also relief. God truly blessed us quickly. I knew we had 9 more months to "get ready."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!! You're Pregnant!!!!:-)